iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Cannot Get Mail – The Connection to the Server Failed
Some iPhone, iPad or iPod touch users complain that the mail app display error message like "Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed" when they try to retrieve new mails, especially from Microsoft Exchange.
This happens to almost all iOS devices running on iOS 11, iOS 10, iOS 9, iOS 8, iOS 7 and iOS 6, which means that iPhone 8, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s and a majority of iPads are all included.
Fix iPhone Mail Connection to Server Failed Error
The following are several different methods that should help you fix Connection to the Server Failed problem on iPhone or iPad. Please continue to read.
Note: To avoid any data on your iPhone being lost, to back up all things is a must.
Solution 1: Reenter Password
Sometimes this problem happened on your iPhone or iPad after you changed your mail password on your computer or laptop.
- In your iOS device, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Account >Password.
- Choose the Password and enter your new password. iPhone or iPad might prompt you to sign into make this change.
- After you log in your account, it should update your email ( like Yahoo mail) password and refresh your email messages. Then, check the problem.
Solution 2: Move Email to Different Inbox Folder
If it is possible, just try to select all the mails from inbox that fail to open and move them to a temporary folder (or different folder) created on the server by right clicking on the items and choose "Move to" option. Then you should go to the folder and check if they are available to access. If it doesn't work or even impossible to execute this step, it's alright and you can continue to read for the other solutions.
Solution 3: Change the Account Password
Go go settings and check if your password enter correctly or not. Or it would be great to delete and re-enter it. In some cases, people change the password for iCloud, Microsoft exchange email account or Yahoo account and the the connection to the server failed problem is perfectly fixed. You can try it as well and then check the result.
Solution 4: Change Microsoft Exchange Security Settings
- Open Active Directory Users and computer. Then select View > Advanced Features on the top menu.
- Find and right click the mail account to choose Properties. Then, select Security tab and choose Advanced.
- Tick the check box "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent".
Other Possible Solutions
- Change the Mail Days to Sync field to No Limit.
- Reset Network settings via Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Disable iCloud. Navigate back to mail acount and reset password.
- Delete the account and create it as a new account.
If the "Cannot Get Mail – The Connection to the Server Failed" error cannot be fixed though you have tried all of the solutions above, please drop us a comment in the below area to let us know!