How to Use Snapchat Lenses Feature
In September 2015, Snapchat rolled out a new product called Lenses which allows users to spice up their selfies. With this innovative addition to Snapchat, you can take a selfie and then choose one of a handful of face filters to animate your selfie. There are seven different Lenses you can choose from, including heart eyes, puking rainbows, a zombie vampire monster thing, and an aging filter.
However, during these months, Snapchat updated lenses several times. So I think if you are a newbie for Snapchat lenses, you should know how it has been changed.
- September 16, 2015: Snapchat launched lenses filters for selfies. Snapchat adds new lenses daily, and there always only seven to choose from, but Snapchat replaces the oldest one with a newer one each day.
- November 13, 2015: Snapchat opened its lens store. The Lens Store offers an extra 30 paid Lenses each day. Paid Lenses cost $0.99 apiece.
- January 8, 2016: Snapchat closed the Lens Store, but you can still use the Lenses you purchased again and again, and the ones available for free every day!
- March 29, 2016: Snapchat's Chat 2.0 released. Snapchat offers the same range of lenses on a day-to-day basis, the selection is updated daily, removing the oldest Snapchat lens and replacing it with a brand new one. One of the most popular lens right now is Face Swap.
How to Use Snapchat Lenses
Like many other features of Snapchat, the feature of lens is not easy to be found. If you are confusing how to access Snapchat lenses, here I will tell you in step-by-step guide.
Step 1. If you don't have automatic updates, go to your app store and update the Snapchat app to the latest version.
- Lenses are supported on most devices with Android 4.3 and above.
- Lenses are supported on most iPhone 5, iPad 4, and iPod 6th generation and above.
Step 2. For starters, open the Snapchat app on your phone. Then, go to the Camera screen in Snapchat. If it defaults to the rear camera, click the little camera icon in the right-hand corner to activate the selfie camera.
Step 3. Tap on your face for a couple seconds to turn on Snapchat's Lenses feature.
Step 4. Now, you'll see a bunch of lenses in the form of small emoticons appear across the bottom of the screen. Swipe left to select the Lens you want to use.
Step 5. When you try out a new Lens, Snapchat will tell you to do something, like raise your eyebrows or open your mouth to activate the Lens.
Step 6. When you're finally ready to take your picture, tap the capture button to take a Snap, or press and hold on the capture button to record a video.
Now, you have learned how to use lenses on Snapchat. In additional to the lenses introduced in September, 2015, I strongly recommend you to use try the newest one - the face swap lens. Be sure to share your crazy pictures with us in the comments below!