How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Any Device
Apple has launched a new iCloud Drive app in iOS 9 which will let you easily access your saved documents, folders and files inside of iCloud Drive on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and even Mac. But this iCloud Drive app is somewhat hidden by default, you need to enable the iCloud Drive app on your iOS devices manually. Now read on to see how to access the iCloud Drive files from any devices.
Note: Make sure that you have upgraded the iCloud Drive on your devices.
- iPhone/iPad: Go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Upgrade to iCloud Drive
- Mac: Go to System Preference > iCloud > iCloud Drive
- Window: Launch iCloud for Windows > Sing in > Select iCloud Drive
Part 1: Access iCloud Drive Files on iPhone/iPad
1. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is running iOS 9.
2. Locate the iCloud Drive app on Home Screen. If it has not shown up, then go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive, and tap on the toggle to enable this service.
3. Tap on the Home button. Then you will see the iCloud Drive app icon appears on the screen.
4. Launch the iCloud Drive app. Then you can view your files from the iCloud Drive app.
Part 2: Access iCloud Drive Files on Mac with OS X Yosemite or EI Captian
1. Launch Finder on Mac, then you will see a windows show up.
2. Then click on iCloud Drive on the left sidebar. You will see the files stored on iCloud Drive clearly.
3. You can drag and drop files on the folder or create a new folder, any files created on Mac will be updated and synced to other devices.
Part 3:Access iCloud Drive Files on Windows PC via iCloud.com
1. Go to iCloud.com, and log in with your Apple ID and Password.
2. Click on iCloud Drive icon and you can view all folders and files display in the main windows by clicking on them one by one.
3. You can also drag and drop to rearrange files, create folders and upload items by dragging them into the browser window.
Now you can apply what you've learned in this post to access and manage the files stored on different devices including Macs, Window PCs, and iOS devices.