How to Set up and Start Using Your Apple Watch
Apple Watch just arrived? Great! You may be dying to use it at once. Here is our Apple Watch quick-start guide to set up your Apple Watch.
What is in the box
Once you've gotten Apple Watch, taken it home and unboxed it, you should see all these in the box: the Apple Watch itself, the watch case, the strap, the charger, an AC power adapter and the basic documentation.
How to set up a new Apple Watch: power on and charge up
Your Apple Watch will arrive in sleep mode, so press and hold the Side Button to wake it up. Also, your Watch will come out of box with some battery life, but it’s generally considered best practice to fully charge any piece of electronics when you first use it. So set your watch on the charger and an icon will appear saying 'charging', and then disappear.
Note: Apple Watch charging works via wireless induction and the Apple Watch doesn't need to be plugged in.
How to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone
The first thing you need to do with your new Apple Watch is set it up and pair it with your iPhone. That's what the Apple Watch app is for. However, to use your Apple Watch, you'll need to pair it with an iPhone 5 or later running iOS 8.2 or later.
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, and then select a language on your Watch.
2. Tap Start Pairing on your Apple Watch and again on your iPhone.
3. Aim the iPhone's camera at your Apple Watch screen. Then, a message will say Your Apple Watch is Paired.
4. When done, you'll be asked to accept terms and conditions, Siri, diagnostics, and approve your device via iCloud and also you'll be asked to enter your Apple ID password. Just agree to all terms and set up a passcode.
5. Choose if your iPhone should unlock your Apple Watch.
6. Choose if you want to sync all of your current Apple Watch apps.
Your iPhone and Apple Watch will begin to sync. After this is done you'll hear a small ping on the Apple Watch and you can start using the Watch and the Apple Watch app now.
How to install apps on Apple Watch
1. Pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
3. Select the Featured tab at the bottom.
4. Browse or search for any app you'd like and install it just as you would any iPhone app.
5. Once downloaded to your iPhone, launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Then tap on My Watch> app name> Show App on Apple Watch.
How to reboot your Apple Watch
A reset, restart, or reboot is sometimes the best way to fix a problem, even on Apple Watch.
Turn off the Watch:
To turn off your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the power down menu appear. Once it does, drag the Power Off slider to the right to turn the watch off.
Restart the Watch:
After you turn off your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Get more information on How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo.
Reset your Apple Wacth:
To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the Digital Crown and the side Button together for roughly 10 seconds. Eventually the Apple logo will appear on the screen of your watch, indicating the watch is rebooting.
Welcome to share your stories with the first Apple Watch with us in the comments.