It is inevitable that you have to share your Mac computer with others sometimes, but it doesn't mean that you have to share your personal data with that person, too. One way to securely hide the photos, videos, files that you don't want to share is to encrypt these files with a file hider.
Dedicated to data protection, FonePaw released a professional file hider for Mac computer - that is Hidata. The application can make your private photos, videos, documents and even folders invisible on MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini so that only you, who has the password, can access the files or folders.
Mac Version Download
Hidata - Main Features
- Encrypt files and folders on Mac with a password.
- Hidden files on Hidata are invisible from Finder, Desktop, Spotlight or anywhere on your Mac.
- Simplify the data encryption process on macOS: just drag and drop the files to the app and the files will be simultaneously locked.
- Hide or unhide files and folders with one single button.
- A menu bar utility is provided for you to quickly access the hidden files.
- Hidden photos, videos can be viewed on Hidata.
- You can create password hint in case that the password is forgotten.
- Compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.11 El Capitan.
Hidata - Step-to-Step Guide
Hiding files and folders with Hidata is really easy. Here is a step-to-step guide.
Step 1: Set up Hidata
Run Hidata on your Mac. When the app is opened for the first time, you are asked to create a password and a password hint.
Step 2: Hide Files on Mac
Drag a file from anywhere on your Mac to the app or click Add button to add a file. The file will be hidden and disappear from your Mac. You can hide as many as files you like in Hidata.
Step 3: Access Hidden Files on Mac
The hidden files are totally invisible on your Mac. To open or edit the files, run Hidata on your Mac, enter its password and find the files inside the app.
Step 4: Unhide Files on Mac
If you would like to unlock the files and put them back to where they are, toggle off the button beside the files. The files will show up on Mac again.
The free trial of Hidata is available on fonepaw.com. Download the app to encrypt your Mac files quickly.