Best Free Video Editing Software (No Watermark) for PC in 2019
You may find plenty of free video editing software programs online. However, not all of them are totally free. A considerable number of free video editors are also offered in a premium version, thus the free version has watermark, maximum size limit or other restrictions.
In this post, we will show you 6 best video editing software programs for PC, which are totally free-to-use with no watermark. They are free to download, easy-to-use and give no watermark to your videos.
Of course, nothing is perfect, so does the free video editing software without watermark. These freeware tools can be buggy, too simple in functionality and lack of technical support. This post will demonstrate the pros and cons of each free video editing software to give you a complete picture.
Can't find a perfect free editor on PC? Try a mid-level video editor at a reasonable price.
- Multi-track timeline & customizable interface;
- One click to copy, paste, cut, trim, rotate, speed up/slow down, crop, merge videos;
- Advanced features included: keyframes animation; effects, transitions, filters, titles;
- Detailed user instruction manuals and 24/7 technical support;
- Free & premium version available.
Openshot is a completely free open-source video editing software with no watermark for Windows, Mac or Linux. It is powerful and supports audio, video, image in a variety of formats. It can complete almost all video editing tasks you can do with a paid software, but you are required to install additional programs for some features to work and Openshot is heavy to load and constantly crashes during video editing.
- Support for multiple tracks for video editing.
- Two interface modes available: Simple & Advanced.
- Powerful. It can edit and trim videos: copying, pasting, rotating, etc.; adjusting the volume; adding video transitions, watermarks, subtitles; creating your own editing templates, adding keyframes, etc.
- A variety of available output formats, adapting to common formats for Web, DVD and more.
- The operation is a bit complicated. Additional software and tools need to be installed for certain features to work, for example, you need to install Blender to access the Animated Titles.
- It will be slow when adding effects.
- Buggy & unstable. Crashes from time to time when editing a project.
Avidemux is also a completely free open source software that comes without watermark. It is more suitable for beginners. Even if you have never edited a video, you can use it to quickly do some basic video editing on your videos. Although the editor doesn't offer not many editing functions, there are still some features that make it stand out, that is, the powerful coding options and a clear user interface.
- Clear user interface.
- Audio editing. It provides practical audio editing features, such as noise reduction.
- Variety of output options and coding options. You have complete control over how video and audio are encoded for various platforms and devices.
- Only for simple editing. No special effects, transitions, adding subtitles, etc.
- One track only. Unable to work videos, audios, images in multiple tracks.
- No timeline. Difficult to edit a video frame by frame./li>
Blender is a free 3D animation software for animation, 3D modeling and more. It is also a free video editor that can add special effects without adding watermark. Since it is 3D animation and modeling software, it is not for beginners. If you just want to simply edit a video for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or playing on PC or mobile phone, this editing software is not for you.
- A tool to get started in 3D modeling: object/character modeling, sculpting, modifiers.
- Small size(100 M). Blender doesn't take up much storage space of your PC.
- Simple video editing features: editing, blending or merging.
- The special effects can be used as filters.
- Adding text or glow effects.
- Complicated to use.
- Since it is open-source software, there is no support team which we can get assistance from when there is a problem.
Shotcut is highly regarded as one of the best free video editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux with no watermark, limit or ads. In addition to its diverse video editing capabilities, it also supports video recording. In general, Shotcut is a good free professional video editor, although it is hard to grasp at the beginning because of its oversimplified interface.
- Variety of video editing features: editing, merging, adding filters and special effects.
A large selection of filters.
- Powerful format support. In addition to the mainstream video format, it also supports HTTP, MMS, RTMP, RTSP, HLS, UDP and more formats.
- Record videos using your webcam.
- The default interface is oversimplified. Users have to add modules to the interface by themselves.
- Lack of user guide. This means that when you are unfamiliar with the video editor, you have to find out how to use the software yourself without any help.
- No configured export profiles for different devices, which makes exporting a video a bit troublesome.
VSDC is a powerful video editing software with the free version without watermark or ads, while it also provides a pro version with advanced features. VSDC can edit videos with various visual and audio effects, filters, masks. Moreover, it can fix shaky videos with video stabilization tool and convert video files with a built-in converter. If you need a professional video editor, VSDC is recommended. But if you only need a simple one to quickly fix your video, VSDC will be difficult for you to use. More importantly, to promote the pro version, the free version is incredibly in processing the videos.
- Powerful and versatile. Picture in picture, video stabilization, color correction, object transformation, etc.
- Lots of special effects and Instagram-like filters.
- Shaped masks to hide, blur or highlight part of the video.
- Prepared export profiles and one-click uploading videos to YouTube.
- Capture desktop video or record video with webcam.
- The operation is complicated and unfriendly to beginners.
- Unable to preview the video.
- The free version limits the speed of processing video.
DaVinci Resolve 15
DaVinci Resolve 15 is a free video editing and post-production software for Mac, Windows, and Linux. The free version is enough to use but you can also purchase the Studio version at $305, which offers more special effects, templates, and filters, as well as the ability to edit 4K and 120fps video. It is powerful, with a customizable user interface and an accurate synthesizer.
- Powerful. 2D and 3D video effects synthesizers, beautiful color processor, sophisticated audio processor and more.
- The free version has no speed or quantity limit. There is also no watermark.
- The user interface is intuitive and customizable. Like most video editors, it has timelines, media, effects and libraries, and so on, and users can adjust the sessions themselves.
- Batch processing video/audio.
- Can't share directly to social networks.
- Higher computer configuration requirements.
Among the 6 free video editing software tool? Which one do you like? Share your opinion in the comments below.