Solved! YouTube Black Screen
What a bummer when you go to YouTube to chase your favorite music movies, TV shows, teaching videos etc. but ends up with Black Screen! It can be a great hit on your passion. You feel too bad of not being able to watch your beloved videos, but what makes it even more worse is that you still have to endure YouTube black screen due to unknown reasons. I myself had encountered the same frustration of YouTube playback error so I can fully understand how irritating you are. For the sake of liberating other guys from YouTube black screen, today I will share some possible reasons and workable solutions to you.
Before getting down to solving YouTube black screen, you should first of all know what cause it so that you can fix it accordingly.
Potential Reasons 1: You are browsing YouTube under poor network connection.
Smooth network connection is a must when browsing online. Poor network connection will prevent you from loading complete video which may show as getting stuck with buffer logo, black screen and sometimes with audios coming out while videos not. Whatever situation it is, I bet it is not the one you want.
When you encounter aforementioned situation, the top affair you should do is to check with your network connectivity and make sure it works well. If yes, just refresh YouTube page to solve. If no, change to a nice network and reopen YouTube. Also, to avoid buffer, you can download YouTube videos to your computer first.
Adobe Flash Player is pre-installed in many web browsers widely used to embed video on web sites such as YouTube. It is also a common bug led to YouTube black screen.
- Uninstall the existing Adobe Flash Player, and then download and install the latest version on your computer.
- Disable hardware acceleration: Right click the video area to show setting option from where unselect Enable hardware acceleration.
Potential Reason 3: Browser cache clogs up YouTube videos from outputting.
This is a common reason to many videos playing error and you can easily identify it. You will find that the black screen comes in sudden. For example, YouTube works great when you are watching the first videos online while the second one comes out with black screen. In that way the problem is most likely to be browsing cache.
- Firefox: click Tools > Options > Advanced > Clear Now for Cached Web Content and Offline Web Content and User Data
- Google Chrome: Click Chrome Menu > More Tools/History > Clear Browsing Data.
- Safari (for Mac OS X): Click Safari Menu > Empty Cache > Empty
- IE: Click menu icon > Safety > Delete Browsing History. Then select Temporary Internet Files > Cookies and History/Preserve Favorites Website Data > Delete.
Potential Reason 4: Browser settings may cause slowness in loading YouTube videos.
YouTube black screen complaints are mostly from Firefox and Chrome users when streaming videos. You may have chance to get stuck in buffer logo the whole page just stay still via Firefox and Chrome. Below method could help you watch your beloved YouTube videos with best possible way.
- For Firefox: Disable hardware acceleration by going to Options > Advanced, un-tick Use Hardware Acceleration when Available Then restart the browser.
- For Chrome: Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Systems > Use Hardware Acceleration when Available, then un-tick it if it has been ticked.
Potential Reason 5: YouTube page itself may turn out to be the culprit.
Sometimes, YouTube black screen happens due to YouTube internal bug.
- If you are under log in status: Just go to YouTube page > Settings > Sign Out. Then you can open the videos as usual.
- If you not log in yet: Just sign in your YouTube account to watch the video. At times, you are rejected to because some videos on YouTube are closed to non-registered users. You can log in to get the access.
Potential Reason 6: Videos you are watching contain illegal and unhealthy contents.
If you are able to load and watch some videos as normal in YouTube, while others are not accessible. This is because the videos you are going to watch do not agree with YouTube's privacy. For example, videos contain illegal and unhealthy elements are not welcomed in YouTube.
There is no effective way to solve this kind of problem yet, but you can head to other videos website to see if you are free for those videos or you can just wait for YouTube to open you permissions.
Actually, YouTube black screen error can be a result of a wide range of reasons. Don't be disappointed if you fail in fix it after trying just one or two ways. Do not give up! Just keep trying them all, and you will finally get YouTube playback error solved!