How to Set up or Disable Secure Folder on Samsung S10/S9/S8
Samsung Secure Folder is a cool feature that gives you a secret vault to keep apps and files that you don't want to be accessed by other people on your phone. The feature is available on Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e, S9/S9+, Note 9/Note8, S8/S8+, S7 on Android 7.0 and above.
If you wonder how to use Samsung Secure Folder, for example, how to set up Secure Folder, how to access it or hide photos and apps on it, or if you don't enjoy the feature, how to disable it, here are all things you should know about Secure Folder on Samsung Galaxy phone.
How to Set up Samsung Secure Folder on S10/S9/S8
To set up the Samsung Secure Folder on your phone, you need a Samsung account. If you don't have an account, create one first. Then you can follow the below steps to start Secure Folder.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Lock screen and security(Biometrics and security if you are using a newer model).
- Sign in with your Samsung account.
- Then you should select a method to lock Secure Folder: Pin, Password or Pattern and choose to enable one or more biometrics methods(Fingerprint or Irises).
- A secure folder will be created on your phone.
How to Access Samsung Secure Folder on S10/S9/S8
You can open Samsung Secure Folder via pin, password, pattern, fingerprint or Irises.
If you have turned on Show Secure Folder on Settings > Lock screen and security > Secure Folder, then you can find Secure Folder on your home screen, App Drawer or any other place that you choose to place the folder.
- Tap the Secure Folder icon, enter the pin(pattern or password) or use your fingerprint to open it.
Or if you have two fingerprints set up on your Samsung phone, you can use one fingerprint to unlock the normal home screen, the other to unlock the Secure Folder. In such a case, all you need to do to access the special folder is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint for the Secure Folder.
How to Hide Apps, Photos or Files with Samsung Secure Folder
Hide Apps with Samsung Secure Folder
By hidden apps within Secure Folder on Samsung phone, you can have two versions of the apps. For example, you can add the Calendar app into the Secure Folder, and the calendars you add to the app in the Secure Folder won't appear on the Calendar app on your App Drawer. To hide an app inside the Secure Folder.
- Unlock the Secure Folder.
- Tap Add Apps and add an app that has been installed on your phone.
- Or tap Download from Play Store or Download from Galaxy Store to add a new app.
By selecting Edit Apps, you can select an app and choose to Add Shortcut to Home. The secure version of the app will appear on the Home screen with a black "i" icon on the right bottom, which separates the app from the normal version. Even though the app shows up on the Home screen, it requires your credentials to open the app.
Hide Photos within Secure Folder
- Open the Secure Folder.
- Tap Add Files > Image and select photos.
You can also add the camera app into the Secure Folder and take secret photos with the app. The photos taken by the camera app inside the folder won't appear in the Gallery on the home screen.
How to Disable Samsung Secure Folder
If you don't need a secure folder on your Samsung, you can uninstall the Secure Folder altogether.
- Open the Secure Folder.
- Go to More > Settings > Uninstall.
- A pop-up window will ask whether you would like to remove the media files from the Secure Folder. Check it if you want to keep the files. And tap Uninstall.
Do you have any other question about using the Secure Folder on Samsung? If there is, leave your question below.