"My colleague shared her work calendars with me but they won't show up in the Android app. They can appear in the desktop app. They just don't show up in the sync settings menu for the Android calendar app. I've done all things I can to fix it, restarting the phone, reinstalling the android app, cleaning cache data. But none of them worked. How do I fix this?"
—an Android user from Google Help Forum
"I have used the Google Calendar on my iPhone for a long time and I am quite familiar with it. However, I can't see several shared calendars showing up on the sync settings page while it displays fine on the website or the desktop app. It hasn't happened before. What can I do?"
—an Apple user from Google Help Forum
Some users report that they're having trouble syncing Google calendar. They know that they have a shared Google calendar but it just won't show up on the Google Calendar app, no matter on Android device or iPhone. However, when using Google Calendar on any browsers or desktop apps, it's fine to show up. So, what happened? And how can we have it fixed? Read on to find the answer for shared Google calendar not showing up on Android/iPhone issue!
Fix Shared Google Calendar not Showing Up on Android
There are three ways to solve the problem. but before we get started, please make sure that you are using the official Google Calendar app on your phone, and it's not the stocked calendar app. Now have a try:
Check the Sync Settings
- Open the Google Calendar app.
- In the top left, tap Menu > Settings.
- Tap the calendar that isn't showing up. If you don't see it listed, tap Show more.
- At the top of the page, make sure that Sync is on.
Unsync and Sync in the Settings
- On your Android phone.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > Select your account
- Then unsync for a while.
- Then turn sync on.
Create A New Google Account
- First, remove your old Gmail account: On your Android phone, go to Settings > Accounts > Google, then select your email account and tap "Remove account".
- Then you can go to Settings > Accounts > Google, tap "Menu" in the top right, then add an account to create a new Google account.
Now check the calendars on your Google Calendar app, if it still doesn't work, try to uninstall and reinstall the app. If it doesn't make anything better, contact Google Help.
Fix Shared Google Calendar not Showing Up on iPhone
It is easy to find Google Calendar not showing up on iPhone, however, it is also easy to fix. In most cases, it could be due to a problem in Google Sync settings. By default, the new calendars just won't sync, particularly shared ones. That's why you can see them online but not in the sync settings page. It also explains why they won't immediately show up on the Google Calendar app on your iPhone, iPad, or MacBook. To fix it, just follow the steps to sync the calendars!
- On your iPhone, iPad, or MacBook, Launch Safari or any other web browser.
- Go to the sync setting page of Google Calendar: calendar.google.com/calendar/syncselect
- Sign in your account.
- Go to Shared Calendars, tick the boxes for the calendars you want to sync to your iPhone.
- Reopen your calendar app to check the newly-shared calendars. It may take some time to sync.
It must be very upsetting to know that you have a new calendar but it just doesn't sync with your phone. Hope this passage helps, no matter it's iPhone or Android that are troubling you! Feel free to give us a like and share this passage with your friends!