How to Make a Song Ringtone on iPhone with GarageBand
Although we have been emphasizing and pursuing the uniqueness of the individual, have you noticed that our iPhones often use the same ringtones?
The reason why our ringtones don't have the uniqueness is that it is too complicated to set up your favorite music as iPhone ringtone.
Here I will introduce the easiest way to customize ringtones for your iPhone.
First of all, you need to prepare the following things:
- An iPhone in iOS 11
- An audio converter tool
- Download an app -- GarageBand
The following the specific steps to make free ringtone on iPhone.
STEP 1 Use Screen Recording to Get the Song Clips You Like
Find a piece of music that you like, which can be a song in the music player or a background music in a video. Use the iPhone's Screen Recording to record the clip that you like into video and save it to the Photos.
Note: the Screen Recording is a new function that iPhone brings on iOS 11. That's why you need to assure you that your iPhone has been upgraded to iOS 11.
STEP 2 Converting the Video into MP3
In this step, you need a professional MP3 video converter, and I recommend you to use the FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate, a converter that can easily convert video/audio to MP3, M4V, MOV, WAV and more.The following are the specific operations of the conversion.
1. Download FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate and open it after installation.
2. Click on "Add file" to upload the video clipsyou have recorded on iPhone. You can add more than one file and convert them in batch.
3. Click "Profile" > "General Audio" and select MP3 as the output format.
4. Click the "Convert" button to start the conversion. After conversion, you can find the converted files by clicking "Open Folder".
STEP 3 Making Ringtone with Garageband
After Step 2，you already have your own song, and now we start the third step in the Garageband you have already downloaded.
1. Open the band, find the "AUDIO RECORDER", and tap it.
2. Poke the little square icon depicting three lines in the upper left corner to enter a new page. Then poke the blue triangle icon in the middle to make it white.
3. Tap the loop icon in the upper right corner and enter the page that we can select a song to edit. At this time, we will find the audio file that we want to make ringtone with. hold your finger down on the file and drag it to the left track in GarageBand.
4. Well, we've put the music in the edit page, click on the inverted triangle button at the top left, and we keep this music in My Song.
5. Find your music in "Recents" and long press it to pop up a menu. Choose "Share" and select the "Ringtone", you can name it, and finally poke "Export".
6. When the ringtone is exported successfully, a text box "Ringtone Export Successful" will pop up. Tap OK.
7. Go to Settings> Sounds & Haptics> Ringtone, the custom ringtones will appear at the top of the list as a selectable option.
Now, try it! You can have your unique ringtone and don't have to use the same ringtones as others!