FonePaw Timely Fills the Seat After Apple Abandons QuickTime for Windows
- Apple has stopped providing security updates for QuickTime for Windows
- Security experts say they have identified two vulnerabilities in the software
- These could allow hackers to take control of PCs running QuickTime
- The issue does not affect Apple Mac users running QuickTime on OS X
- Adobe advised Windows users not to uninstall QuickTime for Windows, as Creative Cloud will be affected
After Apple confirmed that QuickTime Player was dead on Windows, many Windows users are forced to remove QuickTime on their computer. Timely, FonePaw provide the solution to help you play QuickTime videos on Windows 10/8/7 as usual. Specifically, FonePaw suggests people to convert QuickTime/MOV video to Window compatible format with FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is warning Windows PC users to uninstall QuickTime because the system is vulnerable to exploitation by hackers. However, if we uninstall QuickTime on our Windows computer, we may get in trouble while playing QuickTime Movie (.mov) on Windows Media Player. Don’t panic, here is still a solution can make a remedy.
As a matter of fact, it is not difficult to open MOV videos on Windows computer. You can either using an all-around video player or converting QuickTime movies to your Windows player friendly format, such as WMV. FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate can have the conversion job done easily: Download the program > load QuickTime video to the program > Select MP4, WMV, MKV, ect. as output format > begin converting.
In addition to convert QuickTime to Windows computer, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate can also help to convert 2D movies 3D, convert video to 4K, convert video to iPad/Android/PSP, download videos from YouTube and more. So why not remove QuickTime on your computer and install the program to enjoy movies right now?